This policy is valid from 25 May 2018.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact yumikomaehashi[at]gmail[dot]com.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
I am not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise and experience, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
If you are asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RecipeTin Japan may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from date.
What is collected
The following information may be collected:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What is done with the information
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Use the information to improve my products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which they think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. I may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. I may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How the information is collected
- When you submit subscription request, your information supplied are recorded in the 3rd party mailing database
- When you leave a comment, your email and associated information supplied by you are stored in there comment database
- When you use a Contact Form to leave messages to me, the email is stored in the email files
- Automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access the website
How long is the information kept
Information collected will be kept as long as we believe we need for the reasons set out in the section ‘What is done with the information’ above.
I only select reputable Third Party Companies that are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online are in place.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web page traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
I allow third-party companies (Third Party Companies) to serve ads and in doing so, they may collect certain anonymous information when you visit this web site or mobile application.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting me.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or I need to do so by law. I may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which I think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me at yumiko[at]japan[dot]recipetineats[dot]com.